Customizing Text in Align
Admins can customize all text in Align beyond Align’s supported translations, enabling admins to have complete control over the text that displays in Align. Previously, Messages were translated, but customers could not override translations with custom translations.
Text in Align can be categorized in one of two ways:
- Metadata – Labels of fields, objects, and other data model text
- Messages – All other text in Align, for example, application labels. Accessed via the Message Catalog.
Admins can update multiple Metadata or Messages at once using Vault’s Bulk Translation feature:
- Navigate to the Admin tab.
- Select Settings.
- Select Languages & Region Settings.
- Navigate to the Bulk Translation section.
- Select Field Labels for Select Items to Translate.
- Select the appropriate Translation File.
- Select Export.
Admins can open the exported CSV file for the selected language and make all appropriate edits to Metadata and Messages.
Messages display as rows with a Type of message__sys and use the following format:
After making all appropriate edits, admins can save the exported file and Import the new file in the Bulk Translation section. This ensures the imported file is correctly formatted.
When saving the edited language file, do not use Save As to rename the file or change the extension. Only use Save.