A Product can be assigned to a Territory or Field Force. It is a pharmaceutical industry standard, enabling customer internal reporting. In the territory management arena, this is the equivalent to Veeva CRM's My Setup.
The assignment to a Territory is stored in territory_product__aln. The assignment to a Field Force is stored in field_force_product__aln. The objects referenced by Product Assignment are: product__aln and territory__aln, or product__aln and field_force__aln. Each record has a Start Date & End Date to indicate the life of the assignment.
Product assignments display as a related list on the Territory detail view and Field Force detail view. They can be created, edited, and deleted manually via the UI. The same actions can be done using the CSV import process.
Product assignments are not sent to Veeva CRM or used in Rule evaluations.
End-Dating a Territory
Align can quickly terminate a Territory and all associated assignments. If a user changes the Territory End Date when assignment records are open (making the new Territory End Date earlier than the Assignment's End Date, but still later than the Assignment's Start Date), the system provides the opportunity to apply the new Territory End Date to the remaining open assignments, effectively end-dating a Territory and all assignments with one click.
Align applies the same End Date to the following areas:
- Roster Member
- end_date_\_aln field on the roster_member_\_aln object
- end_date_time_\_aln field on the roster_member_\_aln object
- Account Assignment Rules* (This applies only if the Rule is directly associated to the Territory. Rules that are directly associated to a Field Force are not updated.)
- end_date_\_aln field on the account_rule_\_aln object
- end_date_time_\_aln field on the account_rule_\_aln object
- Account Territory Assignments (regardless of the Source_\_aln)
- end_date_\_aln field on the account_territory_\_aln object
- end_date_time_\_aln field on the account_territory_\_aln object
- Product Territory Assignments
- end_date_\_aln field on the territory_product_\_aln object
- end_date_time_aln field on the territory_product_\_aln object
This functionality is available only in the following instances:
- When making changes to the end_date_\_aln field on the territory_\_aln object. The functionality is not supported on any other Align field or object.
- When making changes to the end_date_\_aln field on the territory_\_aln object through the Align UI. It is not available when making changes to the territory_\_aln.end_date_\_aln field through the Align Data Loader or Vault API.