- Enhanced Delta Processing / Performance Enhancements
- Enhancement: This enhancement further improves delta processing by only considering CRM records that had a field value change for only the fields that are mapped to Align. In other words, the Align CRM Integration ignores CRM record changes for fields that are not mapped to Align.
- Important Note - The Process Task Results Message will clearly indicate if the CRM Integration found no changes at all from CRM (and subsequently no changes were made in Align).
- Account Source
- Background: Prior to this release, Align did not keep track of where Accounts came from (CRM Orgs, manually data loaded, etc.). This becomes an issue when customers are using a “single global Align instance” and:
- There needs to be more than one version of the same Account from multiple CRM orgs (that has the exact same External Id)
- The rules engine needs to search for Accounts that only belong to the same CRM Org that is listed on the Territory (preventing accidental alignments of Accounts who ironically meet the Rule criteria but they did not come from the CRM Org listed on the Territory).
- Align now provides the ability to track the source of Accounts added to an Align instance.
- Customers can control which Account External Id fields are mapped in a CRM Integration or manual data load. Each "copy/version" of an Account is treated as an individual Account and can be linked to other versions of the same Account by using the new “Common Identifier” field used for reporting. For example:
- Accounts imported from the Sales CRM Org have the CRM.Account.IMS_Id__c (External Id) field mapped into the Align.account__aln.ims_id__c field (External Id).
- Accounts imported from the MSL CRM Org have the CRM.Account.NPI_Number__c (External Id) field mapped into the Align.account__aln.npi__c field (External Id).
- Customer has both CRM Orgs mapping the CRM.Account.Network_Id__c field mapped to the new Align.account__aln.common_identifier__aln field that serves as the single field that can group all like Accounts together for reporting purposes (for example, show me all versions/copies of Dr. Smith and all Territories he is aligned to across all CRM environments).
- Prevent Concurrent CRM Import/Push for the same CRM Org
- Align still does not support concurrent CRM Org integration jobs. This enhancement properly warns a user who is attempting to import records from a CRM Org that already has a CRM Integration job in progress.
- Performance Enhancements
- Accounts Source
- Background: Prior to this enhancement, the Align Rules Engine considered all Accounts in the Align instance when evaluating Rules.
- Enhancement: The Align Rules Engine now provides the ability to control the scope of Accounts, that when searched, should only come from the CRM Org that the respective Territory is tied to or increase the scope to manually data loaded records (and in the future Network records).
- Security Enhancement allowing customers to remove object-level access to objects they do not need access to
- Background: Prior to this enhancement, Users needed at least Read access to all Align objects in order to execute the Preview Account Alignment functionality.
- Enhancement: Customers can now remove object-level visibility to Users based on their business needs, with the Align rule processing continuing to function.
Users who need to Preview and Commit Account Assignments need to have at least Read and Edit object permissions. Users who attempt to Commit Account Assignments and do not have proper Edit object-level permissions to the account_territory__aln object receive errors in the resulting process_task__aln record illustrating the permissions issue.
Align now supports the ability to data load field_force_product__aln records.