The Align/CRM Integration provides the ability to map custom fields that originate from CRM to fields in Align. Field mapping information is on the Align Integrations page, accessed from the Integrations menu. The View Field Map menu link displays if the user has at least Read access to the field_mapping__aln object.
To enable this feature, grant the user at least Read permission to the field_mapping__aln object.
Custom field mapping is supported for the following Align objects:
The top section of the Field Mapping page contains the following fields from the respective veeva_crm_org__aln record:
- CRM Org Name
- CRM Org Type
- Last Describe Date
Each Align object has an expandable section used to review and edit field mappings for the object. Each object section has two subsections: System Field Mapping and Custom Field Mapping.
A metadata describe is performed for all objects supported in field mapping. The describe provides results for both Align and CRM based on what the CRM Org user name has access or visibility to in CRM. A describe takes place when a user initially navigates to View Field Mapping or selects an object's Describe & Edit button.
System Field Mapping
System Field Mapping section contains a core list of Align fields that map to specific fields in CRM. The mappings cannot be changed.
The section comprises the following columns:
- Mapping Status
- Active - Indicates the mapping is active and the data will be imported from CRM. The CRM integration user needs FLS read permission to the respective field in CRM.
Inactive - Indicates the mapping is inactivate and the CRM Integration will not attempt to import data from the respective field in CRM.
FLS to the respective field in CRM is not required for the CRM integration user.
For example, the Country_vod__c field on the Account object in CRM is not used by a customer (data is null for all Account records in CRM), and the customer has no plans to use it. The respective field mapping can be set to Inactive, meaning the CRM Integration ignores the field during CRM import processing.
System field mappings that are hard-coded as Active indicate the mapping is a core requirement for the CRM Integration to process. The CRM Integration user must have the proper FLS permission to the field in CRM.
- Align Field Name
- This provides FLS for each respective field in CRM for the CRM Integration User listed on the Veeva CRM Org record
- The minimum FLS needed for most fields is read, but edit is required for the following fields:
- Master_Align_Id_vod_c field on the Account object
- Master_Align_Id_vod_c field on the Address_vod__c object
- Master_Align_Id_vod_c field on the User object
- Master_Align_Id_vod_c field on the Territory object
Align Field Type
CRM Field Name
CRM Field Type
Custom Field Mapping
The Custom Field Mapping section lists the remaining non-system fields on the Align object. Select the Describe & Edit button to edit the custom field mappings. The following are important things to note when mapping custom fields:
- Once a CRM field is mapped to an Align field, the CRM field cannot be remapped
- Matching CRM field and Align field data types are not required. For example, a user can map a CRM picklist to an Align text field.
- If a picklist field is created in Align, the mapped source picklist values in CRM must match the Vault Picklist Value Name in Align
If an Align field is marked as a required field, the field must be mapped to a CRM field
It is recommended to map picklist fields from CRM to text fields in Align
Field Mapping Object
After field mapping is complete for an object, select the Save button. A field_mapping__aln record is created for each valid Align to CRM field mapping pair. The Align admin responsible for field mapping needs full object permissions to the field_mapping__aln object.