What's New in 21R1.0
The Align 21R1.0 release includes the following User Visible and Behavior Changes.
Our release notes offer brief, high-level descriptions of enhancements and new features.
Updated Assignment Rules Engine in Production
A version of the Assignment Rules Engine with improved performance will be enabled in all production instances of Align in the Production Upgrade of the 21R1.0 release, currently scheduled for April 22, 2021.
This version of the Assignment Rules Engine has already been enabled on all sandbox instances of Align.
Migration to High Volume Objects
The Migration to High Volume Objects (HVOs) is currently underway. The following objects will be migrated to Vault’s HVO model::
- account_territory__aln – Stores production account-to-territory assignments
- integration_status__aln – Stores send and delete statuses between Align and CRM for Territory Management 1.0
- integration_status_2__aln – Stores send and delete statuses between Align and CRM for Territory Management 2.0
Customers should have received a notification informing them of the specific date their instances will be migrated.
What to Expect and Actions Required
Downtime is not expected during the migration, but customers should expect a longer maintenance window if heavy data-usage (modifying more than 100k records) on the migrated objects occurs during the migration.
All functionality is maintained after the migration, with the following exceptions:
- Sharing Rules
- Lookup FIelds
- Multivalue Picklists
- The search bar in the Business Admin menu – Filters are recommended as an alternative to this functionality
Data within these objects is preserved during the migration process, including unique identifiers, object names, and custom reports. Previously created Saved Views on these objects will be removed. Users can recreate these Saved Views after the migration is complete.
To prepare for the migration, customers should perform the following actions:
- Upgrade integrations using API calls against HVO objects to Vault API version 20.3
- Remove all of the following from the HVO objects:
- Sharing Rules
- Lookup Fields
- Multivalue Picklists
The country__aln lookup field on the Account_Territory__aln object will be converted automatically to an Object field type. Existing data will be migrated. The new field will have a formula-derived default value that evaluates to the Country of the associated Territory.
Territory Management 2.0 in Align
Align is able to assist the transition from Salesforce’s original Territory Management Salesforce module (TM1.0) to Territory Management 2.0 (TM2.0). All Veeva CRM customers must migrate to TM2.0 before June 2021.
See Territory Management 2.0 in Align for more information.
Users are able to view the following changes immediately:
- After a Parent Account is set to inactive, the account no longer displays in the Accounts related list of an associated Child Account
- The mccp_challenge_record_validation_rule__aln validation rule was added to prevent invalid modeling data states from being loaded into Align
- If manual data changes occur while Feedback is available, admins now must select the Calculate Rollups button in Align for the appropriate field force to refresh the cache with the updated data. If this button is not selected, data displayed to end users may be out of date. (Added 4/21/2021)
Defining Default Goals
Default mc_cycle_channel__aln and mc_cycle_product__aln goals automatically populate when an end user creates an Add Target challenge during Territory Feedback, enabling them to avoid having to enter the goals manually.
See Defining Default Goals for more information.
Redesigned Territory Feedback
The redesigned Territory Feedback module uses an improved interface and performance to further streamline the feedback process, enabling users to quickly locate accounts, log challenges, and repeat this process while challenges are still being processed.
See Redesigned Align Territory Feedback in the CRM Online Help for more information.
Geography map shapes do not render when using Internet Explorer 11.